© 2007-2013, Arrington Parish Council unless otherwise stated. All rights Reserved.
Arrington Parish Council
The village Hall is located behind the Hardwicke Arms and can be booked by contacting Denham Pearce on 01233-207115
Rector - Felicity Couch - 01223-207212
Lay Minister - Malcolm Barrett - 01223-207522 (Click for Orwell Benefice site)
St Nicholas Parish Church
The Hardwicke Arms, once a coaching inn and later part of the Wimpole estate, dates back to the thirteenth century.
Jane and “Team Hardwicke” look forward to meeting old friends and new, and providing you with exceptionally good food, a fine selection of wines and real ales, and comfortable en suite bedrooms.
Email - email@example.com
The Hardwicke Arms
A working estate still guided by the seasons with an impressive mansion house and Home Farm. www.NationalTrust.org.uk
A row of six alms-houses was built in 1846 by Susan, Countess of Hardwicke.
The almshouses were for "poor people of good character who have resided in Wimpole or Arrington or the surrounding areas. Preference shall be given to widows"
The original six Almshouses have since been converted to four dwellings while retaining their original charm.
The almshouses are a registered Charity (registration 202087).
For further information please contact the Clerk of the Trustees Dr.Helen Eccles.
For a small village, Arrington is surrounded by numerous places of interest and has a strong community which offers lots of services, activities & clubs.
We have a village garden & pond maintained and supported by community and there are over 20 listed buildings in the village including the Grade 1 listed St.Nicholas Church which dates from around 1275-1300 and the Grade 2 listed Hardwicke Arms with 13th century origins but the main building work dating from 18th century.
For more information on the Parish click here.
The Arrington Village leaflet contains lots of relevant information and contact numbers for services, societies, clubs and facilities in the local area.